- Arrange a visit and an interview with the Head of School.
- Contact the school for an admissions packet.
- Request financial aid information from our Business Manager, if needed.
- Attend an Open House, if possible.
- Submit the completed application and the nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- If applying for kindergarten, plan to participate in the kindergarten visit, typically held in March, or sooner.
- If applying to grades 1 to 5, arrange a student all-day visit.
Once the application is received, along with the nonrefundable application fee and the completed Teacher Recommendation form from the child’s current school, the kindergarten application process is complete. However, if you are applying for any grade from 1 – 5, we also require a copy of the student’s academic records before scheduling a visit for your child to spend an entire day in his or her current grade class at The Island School.
The Admissions Committee will meet and review all completed applications and will respond to families by early April. A completed application includes the following:
- Parent/guardian interview with Head of School and tour of school
- Submission of Parent Questionnaire, $50 application fee, Teacher Recommendation, and a complete copy of current school records (if applying to grades 1-5)
- Kindergarten visit or all-day student visit (for grades 1 – 5)
The school will review applications from families throughout the school year and summer, as needed, until the school is fully enrolled. Even after achieving full enrollment, the school continues to accept and review applications for the wait pool, in case openings arise in any class.
The Island School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or other legally protected status in the administration of its education policies, admissions policies, financial aid program and other school-administered programs.