The Island School is the only elementary school on Bainbridge Island accredited by the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS).
To assist schools in fulfilling their mission to provide high quality education for children by promoting and protecting the independence of our schools, by representing the interest of our schools, and by fostering collegial relationships and ethical leadership within our schools.
- Free and Open Inquiry
- Commitment to Diversity
- Ongoing School Improvement
- Collegial Relationships and Ethical Leadership
- Commitment to the Public Good
- Effective Governance and Operations
- Physical Location or Place
- Primary Focus of Academic Education
- Commitment to the Best Interests of Children
For an overview of PNAIS accreditation, click here.
For information on what it means to be accredited by PNAIS, click here.
For more information, visit www.pnais.org.