The Island School is a member of the Washington Federation of Independent Schools (WFIS).
Strengthening education as the advocate and voice of private schools
What you can expect from WFIS
- Presenting a united front for Washington’s private schools
- Providing a collective proactive and/or reactive voice for private schools to advance or guard their interests and maintain their independence
- Being the connection/conduit “inside” Olympia as protector and promoter of private schools
- Gathering, tabulating and communicating statewide information about and for private schools
- Encouraging the exploration of new educational opportunities and perspectives
- Providing special attention to issues that may impact the diverse philosophical or theological independence of private schools
- Promoting educational excellence for all schools
- Representing private schools “at the table” on all matters impacting the education of our children
- Providing prompt, accurate and representative information to all inquiries
For more information, visit www.wfis.org.